The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 has significantly changed the way businesses need to think about governance, ethics, and reporting. SysLogic provides ground-level guidance and services to help ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements. These services include:
- Collaboration with internal management and external auditors to strategize a plan for implementing a strong system of internal controls.
- Evaluation of internal control deficiencies and assistance with remediation and the development of action plans to address control gaps.
- Documentation of the design, effectiveness, and test plan for controls.
SysLogic works with clients to develop the scope, objectives, and programs for reviewing the IT control environment. Our reviews address key internal controls surrounding logical and physical security, change management, computer operations, disaster recovery planning, business continuity planning, system development life cycle methodology, and problem management. SysLogic conducts audits to satisfy both internal and external audit requirements. Our audit team:
- Evaluates the effectiveness of operating processes and identifies key control points of systems.
- Communicates to management areas of audit concern, recommending corrective action and suggesting improvements in operations and cost reductions.
- Conducts post-audit follow up to appraise the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Conducts pre- and post-implementation review of applications to ensure inputs, processing, and outputs occur in a controlled manner and that an established methodology has been followed.